Application Deadline: December 13, 2021
Online application can be found at https://ais.americancouncils.org/ukrainianbl
Please submit your application by December 13 to be considered for the 2022 program. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the program.
About the Program
The Ukrainian Business Leaders Program is a program for Ukrainian business persons, innovators and entrepreneurs with demonstrated leadership experience in the fields of business, innovation, social entrepreneurship, regional economic development, and technology.
The UBL PIE will bring Ukrainian business leaders aged 21 and over to the United States to gain practical experience through individual fellowship placements at a U.S. host organization in line with their professional interests and professional experience. Placements could include a wide variety of for-profit and non-profit local and international organizations, university business departments, business incubators and accelerators, as well as relevant government economic development offices. It is expected that one fellow be placed at one organization throughout his/her fellowship.
It will provide participants with an array of modern business tools, concepts, and principles that will strengthen their leadership and technical abilities through interactive and personalized projects, as well as build enduring professional relationships between Americans and Ukrainians who share an interest in driving economic development forward. The program will also include professional enrichment activities such as workshops, lectures and site visits.
- To increase the knowledge and capacity of entrepreneurs, innovators, and business professionals from diverse backgrounds and regions of Ukraine to serve as influential leaders and drivers of economic development and innovation in their home communities.
- To create a dynamic, engaged and resilient network of Ukrainian entrepreneurs, innovators, and business professionals.
- To create partnerships between U.S. and Ukrainian companies, entrepreneurs, and business people.
- To foster mutual understanding and sustained connections between citizens of Ukraine and the United States.
To be eligible for the Ukrainian Business Leaders program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and current resident of Ukraine. Applicants living outside Ukraine or on a long term program outside Ukraine will not be considered eligible to apply;
- Be over 21 years old at time of the application period;
- Be proficient in English; and
- Have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in business, entrepreneurship, innovation, social entrepreneurship, or regional economic development.
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible to apply to participate as fellows in the Ukrainian Business Leaders program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, research programs, or who are currently working in the United States
- Individuals who have already been recipients of and participated in the Ukrainian Business Leaders program
- Individuals currently residing or working outside Ukraine
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. government (e.g., Public Affairs Sections at U.S. embassies or other U.S. government agency) and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of the application
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years
- Persons arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a crime as further detailed by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
The 2022 summer program is tentatively scheduled for May-June, 2022.
If you have any questions:
FIRST, please visit the program web site at https://ukrainianbusinessleaders.americancouncils.org/ , where most of your questions will be answered.
SECOND, if you can not find your answer there, please contact us: