– Can a candidate apply several times?
– Yes, a candidate can apply unlimited amount of times.
– How often does the program application call open?
– The call opens once a year.
– How long does the fellowship last?
– The program lasts five-six weeks.
– What expenses does the program cover?
– The program covers all expenses related to the fellowship (flight, accommodation, meals and health insurance).
– Where do the participants live during the program?
– All of the participants stay with host families. Each of those families volunteers to host and does not receive any reward for hosting the participants.
– Can I choose state and organization where I would like to pursue my internship?
– No, the office of American Councils in Washington DC selects the place of internship. While selecting the hosting organization American Councils staff takes into account education, previous work experience and professional interests of each program participant.